Technology Requirements and Support
Students must be computer literate and have the following technology in order to successfully participate in SKSM online courses:
- Regular access to a computer with broadband internet capabilities.
- Moodle works with current web browsers, including Mozilla Firefox and Microsoft Internet Explorer. Firefox is most reliable and thus recommended. The Chrome browser is increasingly compatible with iPads. If you are using Internet Explorer 8, you may want to enable the "compatibility mode" in order to see links properly.
- The latest version of the free Adobe Reader and Adobe Flash Player. Although Flash Player plays the most common audio/video files, you may need additional plugins, such as Windows Media Player or Apple Quicktime.
- Most classes use Skype, Google Hangouts or Fuze.
Assistance with Moodle and technical support are available from the following sources:
- The GTU Moodle main page is at http://moodle.gtu.edu/.
- Students may obtain assistance by clicking the Students link on the Moodle main page. The Students link also appears in the Moodle Support block on each Moodle course page. Clicking the link leads to Moodle Help for Students, which provides information and support for issues not addressed here or in any of the resources listed below.
- Faculty may obtain assistance by clicking the Faculty link on the Moodle main page. The Faculty link also appears in the Moodle Support block on each Moodle course page. Clicking the link leads to Moodle Help for Faculty, which provides information and support for issues not addressed here or in any of the resources listed below.
- Visit http://www.moodle.org and set up a free account in order to access extensive Moodle documentation and user communities.
- Finally, MoodleDocs can be very helpful; i.e., Forums, Wikis, and more.