Technology Requirements and Support
Students must be computer literate and have the following technology in order to successfully participate in SKSM online courses:
- Regular access to a computer with broadband internet capabilities.
- Moodle works with current web browsers, including Mozilla Firefox and Microsoft Internet Explorer. Firefox is most reliable and thus recommended. The Chrome browser is increasingly compatible with iPads and/or Safari. If you are using Internet Explorer 8, you may want to enable the "compatibility mode" in order to see links properly.
- The latest version of the free Adobe Reader and Adobe Flash Player. Although Flash Player plays the most common audio/video files, you may need additional plugins, such as Windows Media Player or Apple Quicktime.
Assistance with Moodle and technical support are available from the following sources:
- Learning Moodle: We highly recommend the Moodle Demonstration Site where you will find the most recent stable released version of Moodle. Using free demo accounts (or create your own), you can explore sample courses “hands-on” without fear of “messing up” since the database and files are erased and restored every hour.
- Click the “Students” link in the Moodle Support block on each course page. This will bring you to Moodle Help for Students. This page also provides you contact information for any support issue not addressed here or in any of the resources listed below.
- The GTU Moodle main site is at http://moodle.gtu.edu/. Faculty may obtain assistance at http://www.gtu.edu/library/faculty/moodle-help or through the Faculty link on the GTU Moodle main site and on Moodle online course pages.
- Visit http://www.moodle.org and set up a free account in order to access extensive Moodle documentation and user communities.
- Finally, MoodleDocs can be very helpful; i.e., Forums, Wikis, and more.